Amazing Motivation - A Before and After Success Story

Finding the motivation every day to stay focused and work on achieving your goals is never easy, and this is one of the greatest reasons why most of us fail to reach our goals. So, its always amazing and inspiring when we hear a story of amazing self-motivation, like the one of this guy who lost 145 pounds in 12 months in order to realize his ambition to join the Ohio Army National Guard.

"The hardest part of my weight loss journey had to be sacrificing time with family and friends - not going out to eat with them or just hanging out in general. I wake up at 3 a.m., six days a week, go to the gym and still work a full-time job. Puts me in bed around 8 p.m. every night," Matt Logsdon is reported to have said.

Via Army.mil

This is  story of sacrifice and the power of delaying gratification until your objective is achieved. 

"Two of my uncles are Vietnam veterans and I wanted to follow in their footsteps," he said. "I am looking forward to being a part of a bigger purpose."

The big key phrase here is "being a part of a bigger purpose." This is probably the biggest piece of advice Matt Passed on in this interview. To see just how big, click here and find out how and why you should create a sense of meaning and purpose in your life beyond "going to work and paying the bills."

Matt had this advice for anyone wishing to join the army who didn't currently physically qualify because of weight or other limitation: "set small goals first to reach the end goal, and, join a gym, and surround yourself with like-minded, goal-oriented people who are going to push you to achieve your dreams."

Jim Rohn, one of my favorite personal success gurus, said this:

You must constantly ask yourself these questions: Who am I around? What are they doing to me? What have they got me reading? What have they got me saying? Where do they have me going? What do they have me thinking? And most important, what do they have me becoming? Then ask yourself the big question: Is that okay? Your life does not get better by chance; it gets better by change.

The company you keep could determine what you become. What books are you reading? I can recommend The Success Principles (How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be) a great book by Jack Canfield

https://www.hypnosisdownloads.com/10-steps/stellar-success?7448


No comments

Your comments help me improve the quality and impact of this blog. Please do not spam!

Powered by Blogger.